We are thrilled to present the full set of your ENDURrun results, from the inaugural 2003 event to the present.
For the first time, from your computer or mobile device, you are able to:
- Sort cumulative times after any number of Stages, for any division and/or category, within any year or across all years
- Explore Stage records and top 50 times for any division or category
- Easily view results for any event, and search for any names
It’s helpful to know how these terms are defined for ENDURrun at results.runwaterloo.com:
- Race: ENDURrun
- Events: Stage 1, Stage 2, etc.
- Division: Ultimate, Sport, Relay
- Phase: After Stage 1, After Stage 2, Final Results, etc.
- Category: Age and gender categories
Over ENDURrun’s 13 years and 91 Stages, my role of primary timer means that I have a unique connection with these results. I have witnessed the incredible stories behind these numbers from my front-row seat, having put pen to paper for thousands of the times that make up these results. Looking back, these are just a few of my personal highlights included in these ENDURrun results.
- At the very first Stage of the very first ENDURrun in 2003, I could see Charles Bedley and Rich Tremain each kicking to the finish line. Both of these elite athletes wanted that first Gold Jersey, and Rich edged out Charles by one second. Charles would earn his first Gold Jersey after stage 3 by only one second, and never look back on his way to back-to-back championships in 2003 and 2004.
- The small but incredible field of 5 that started that 2006 ENDURrun includes Chris Duke and Jeff Ashizawa, with 9 completions between them; Steven Parke, the only participant who has completed at least one stage in every ENDURrun since 2003; and the first appearance of Bob Jackman. A highlight was at Stage 3, with Bob and Brad Cunningham not giving an inch and sprinting to a photo-finish tie after 30k. Not until after Stage 5 would Bob pass Brad in the cumulative standings on the way to his first of five championships.
- Joanne Bink is one of the most prolific ENDURrunners of all-time, whose name features prominently as you dig deep into the ENDURrun results and records. While her profile includes the most podium finishes (40) and most Ultimate finishes (7), the Ultimate championship eluded her in 2008, as her five minute lead over Jackie Gorski after Stage 6 evaporated in a heartbreaking Stage 7, before she was able to capture the Ultimate glory in 2011.
- Another incredible year of standout performances is 2010. Three teenage boys participated: Reid Hayes and Derek McConomy in the Ultimate, and training partner Ian Grzegorczyk as a Guest for the first four Stages. In this year, Nate Malton participated in his uniform, running the full 160 KM in army boots with a 40 lb ruck sack.
I encourage you to explore past years, and discover the incredible performances and your own highlights that make ENDURrun so special. To help you do that, we have designed a scavenger hunt to help you learn to explore the ENDURrun data available.
ENDURrun Trivia – Results Scavenger Hunt Edition
Question: What will there be 76 of at ENDURrun 2016?
Answer: Assemble these letters together
|Scavenger Hunt Clue||Letters|
|50th fastest Ultimate, all-time||last letter of first name|
|Ultimate female record holder, Stage 6, all-time||first letter of first name|
|3rd place Relay team, 2005||last two letters of team name|
|7th fastest female Guest, Stage 5, all-time||5th and 6th letters of city|
|9th place male Ultimate, 2008||first letter of country|
|The 2003 and 2004 Ultimate winner won two races in Waterloo between his two Ultimate victories||second letter of name of the second race|
|8th fastest Relay team, Stage 4 runner name, all-time||first letter of last name|
|7th fastest female Sport, all time||second last letter of first name|
|3rd fastest Masters time (any division), Stage 4, all-time||last two letters of last name|
|2nd place female Relay team, after Stage 4, all-time||last letter of team name|
There is no prize for answering correctly, just the satisfaction of a job well done, and a familiarity with the new results website!
Runners already familiar with results.runwaterloo.com will recognize the tremendous work of Sam Lalonde in making this data available. Thank you to all of the volunteer efforts that made this website possible. Future updates will include more advanced individual and aggregate stats, including lap times, Sprint and Mountain contests, and more.
We are excited to welcome the ENDURrun community back to Waterloo Region in just 8 days. Stay tuned next week for official course maps and more updates for ENDURrun 2016.